Monday, June 20, 2005

They thought no one was looking.

A new 767-page book is out, called Did George W. Bush Steal America's 2004 Election? Essential Documents. Apparently someone wants us to think that there's some doubt. The documents, however, don't leave much room for that. The link (if you haven't followed it yet) is to an article about the book.

As I've been saying for five years now, IMPEACH already, geez. How many crimes does he have to commit before someone holds him accountable?

What's the matter with Ohio? They thought no one was looking.

Memos show British Fretting Over Iraq War Troops' families aren't too happy about it, either, says this article in Stars and Stripes


US tries to derail G8 hearings on climate change: memos leaked

I have to say, sometimes politics -even just following it in the news- gets discouraging. I'm a radical, I won't lie about it, so I don't ever expect to hear my views on the news, or to read them echoed in some editorial somewhere; I can deal with that. Lately, though, I have felt so far out there that I don't even feel like I'm in the same political galaxy as Washington (hell, even Topeka).

The Republican party has been working toward a stranglehold on Washington and national politics for over twenty years. Having achieved control of both houses of Congress and the White House, some republicans -in statehouses and Washington alike- are actually devising ways to control -or make irrelevant- our judicial branch.

It's getting ugly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to say it's become a theocracy, but I have no idea what it is any more... and it seems no one cares, even when the truth is rubbed in thier faces...

I live in Texas... don't y'all be asking no querstions, ya hear?