Friday, January 11, 2008

Spirit Lake


I'm getting a little anxious for summer. That's Spirit Lake in the background there- this is from the Windy Ridge trail through the blast zone on Mt. St Helens. I'll be honest: it's a gruelling hike. It's a roughly 13-mile round-trip, as I recall, with difficult scrambling, and no shade at all. Worth it? I'm undecided, but Phil seems to really dig it for some reason, so I'm sure I'll get another chance to decide. I will say that I'm sure it'll be easier, now that we have a water filter we can carry. Now we can carry only half the total water we'll need, then refill at the spring which is at about the halfway point. It'll make a difference, trust me.

Worked all day yesterday on the site, and will again today. Going to try to get more pictures this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK. I completely missed that you started up the blog again. DAMN! Now I have back reading to do. Glad to see you back on the blog. Because I hate, *HATE* myspace. But I need the publicity. So I stay there.