Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I am not making this up.



Weird dream last night. Very briefly, I was out in the back yard with Harry, and I dropped a piece of soap I was holding (go ahead and laugh, I did-), into an existing hole in the ground. The hole was large enough to see into, but only appeared large enough inside for a rodent or two, maybe a rabbit. I looked, but didn't see the soap. Harry and I talked some more, and he took off. I went back for the soap. I dug out the hole a little bit, and as I did, I uncovered a board or something, and pulling it back, a human skeleton. "Fuck!" I looked away. Call the cops. Call an archaeologist, it's not a forensic issue. "Fuck!" My heart raced. I looked again. Hmmm. Too... yellow. Too ...what's that? I looked closer, and noticed a screw. It was a plastic skeleton.

I woke up. When I remembered the dream, I laughed out loud.

Later, I found what you see in the pictures. The hole is about 3"x5", and is quite new. The concrete seems to be outside the hole. It's under the newer part of the house; seems to lead into a crawl space at best. I'm not even sure a human can get there, but I suppose I'll have to try. What kind of critter would do that?

No comments: