Monday, June 23, 2008

See for yourself

I miss George Carlin already. As you might imagine, even though I'm not funny, he was a mighty influence on my development and philosophy. Apparently I paid more attention to what he was saying, than how he was saying it.
On religion
On language

In part because of him, I am not an Obedient Worker (and I suggest you not be one, too). He helped me see through the veil at an early age. Hats off to you, Mr. Carlin.

In other news: Important reporting from the ever-eloquent and insightful Chris Floyd.

St. Jonas’ Day (Lithuania)

And on this day in 1626, a Mr. Mead of Christ's College, Cambridge, passing through the city's market, noticed a battered book which had just been found by a fishwife inside the belly of a plump codfish from King's Lynn. Mr. Mead bought the book, a religious tome written by John Firth, who had spent some time imprisoned inside a fish-cellar in Oxford for his religious beliefs.

No comments: