Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Solstice


I noticed yesterday that the lilac bushes behind our house are budding. A nice Solstice gift. The apple trees are also budding, and that's not such a nice gift, because it reminds me that I need to prune them before they get out of hand. "Getting out of hand" with these trees might mean their end: they're probably as old as the house (which is closing in on 100 yrs), and the old limbs might not be strong enough to support all the new growth PLUS this year's new apples. All of which means that I need to learn about pruning.

So, add that to my plate of Things I Need To Do.

It's a big plate.

Life, for me, this year, has been all business. Businessy business, house busyness, self-analytical busyness, all kinds of business. Having got the financial and legal end of the leather business established, now I'm finally closing in on another goal: getting my web site set up. I've got the skeleton in place, but I need pictures to fill it out. For those pictures, I needed new merchandise, so last winter I started designing and making new stuff. In the fall I started finding some guys who want to model for me, and now it's just a matter of finding time to work with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love lilacs