Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Vacationing work/working vacation




We're finally getting down to redecorating the front room. Here you can see the pasty not-quite-yellow color we're replacing. We primed the walls yesterday. Today, the plan is to apply some color. We might go so far as to get fabric for new curtains, but while I have some ideas, I'm not sure how I want to do that yet. The most important thing is to make good use of Phil while he's on vacation.

Phil's vacation time kinda dictates my work schedule, for that reason (you don't really get a vacation when you work for yourself- in a sense, it's all vacation, but in another sense, it's all work). When he's off work, we can get things done around the house that I can't on my own, like painting, installing bookshelves, organizing the space in the cellar, or cleaning the gutters (hey, Hello Kitty won't help with the gutters anymore, and somebody has to hold the ladder when you're 25' off the ground!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ain't it grand havin' a teacher around with weekends and holidays free?