Tuesday, February 19, 2008

knob or toad



As I recall, this is the road coming out of the Yakima valley. The mountain picture is of Mt. Adams, taken from the valley itself.

Sometimes, I feel like a knob.

Today, I feel like a toad.

One of the tricks to successfully working for oneself is to clearly demarcate the boundaries between personal time and work time. So it seems to me, anyway: otherwise, everything turns into Work.

It's Copernicus's birthday today. I had a goat named Copernicus when I was a kid. We had a lot of fun. I miss him.

It's also the birthday of Luigi Boccherini (1743), Constantin Brancusi (1876), and Smokey Robinson (1940, same day as Turkmenbashi, RIP).

And in 1954, an elderly German decided to commit suicide. He took a lot of sleeping pills, tied a brief case full of stones round his neck, rowed out to the middle of the Rhine... and was found sound asleep in his boat. (from Fortean Times)

No comments: