Monday, February 18, 2008

Yakima


Yakima.

Ok, not as boring as my picture might lead you to believe, but close. This was the view out the back window of the hotel room.

Our trip took us through the Columbia Gorge to The Dalles, where we crossed the river heading north across some low mountains into the Yakima river valley. Fruit trees and grapevines for miles. Imagine eastern Wyoming, but with orchards. But of course, it's winter, so paint it all brown, and there you have it.

We toured some local wineries on Saturday, with some friends who were also in town for the weekend (their son, a student of Phil's, was competing in the state singing competitions, or whatever the singing event was that weekend, I'm not real clear on that part...). They're great folks, Jerry and Geri.

I have to say at this point that I came back with so many new ideas that I might have to hibernate again, to give myself time to process it all. But then I wouldn't have time to work on anything, so I'd end up even further behind... Jeesh! I need a golem! (to whom it may concern: I'm kidding!) Where are those damn elves?

No comments: