Friday, February 15, 2008

It's only a paper moon


This is the beach, last summer, just south of Newport OR. This weekend though, we're going in the opposite direction: to Yakima, Washington, for a choir-thing (I'm not sure exactly what- convention or something).

I've never been to Yakima, so I don't know what to expect. Hopefully I'll return with new pictures.

Here's some shocking stuff you might not have heard about the housing finance crisis. Governor Spitzer's article is linked from within- I find WinterPatriot's annotation of this one to be more readable than the original though, fyi.

In music history, today is the birthday of Michael Praetorius (1571) and Harold Arlen (1905- "Paper Moon," "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," "Stormy Weather," etc).

It's also Matt Groening's birthday.

And in 2002, some 300 corpses were found in buildings and woods on the property of Tri-State Crematory, in Georgia. The parent company in question would later receive a no-bid contract to dispose of the victims of Hurricane Katrina, in 2005 (exact number of dead still unknown- are you surprised?). I kid you not.

No comments: